Frequently Asked Questions
We have small children will there be anything for them to do?
- Lots! The Air Show will have several displays, events and rides for the kiddies to enjoy. A variety of inflatable's, aviation related fun and various games will highlight junior's day.
Will special needs/wheelechair/handicap parking and seating be accessible?
- PARKING: Handicapped parking will be available in all parking areas. Please follow the signs for general parking unless you have a special pass i.e. VIP or Premium parking pass. As you enter the Air Station, please make sure your handicapped sign is visible for traffic control personnel to see, or inform traffic control personnel as you enter the parking area that you required handicapped parking. The handicapped parking areas will have ADA golf carts or shuttle busses for handicapped persons and one assistant to and form the Air Show area.
- SEATING: There will be a Special Needs seating area located on the tarmac, that includes chairs and a canopy. This area is free and is first-come, first served.
- PREMIUM SEATING OPTIONS: All Premium paid seating areas are handicap and wheelchair accessible. The Bleacher sections have a few places on the bottom row with spaces for wheelchairs. These rows are first come first served. The Box Seats are available as boxes of 10 seats, boxes of 6 seats, and boxes of 4 seats. Chairs located in each box can be removed to make space for wheelchairs. The box seats are located on the flightline, in front of the bleachers and are reserved for the day. These are available for purchase and usually sell out quickly. The Flightline Club and Afterburner Chalet are handicap accessible and in close proximity to handicap accessible restrooms.
Where is the air show located?
- The Air Show will be held aboard the east coast's premiere Marine Corps jet base, MCAS Cherry Point, centrally located in Havelock, NC. Close to numerous cities and towns, the air show is a short drive from anywhere in eastern NC for a day of FREE family fun. See our directions page for more information. The GPS coordinate for MCAS Cherry Point is 34.9032325,-76.8967043
How can my business be involved with the Air Show?
- We have numerous options for local businesses and corporations to highlight their wares and skills. From a booth , to VIP chalets, or a corporate partnership involving thousand of impressions and a great return on your investment, you can't go wrong with eastern NC's largest spectator event. To contact our corporate relations' staff at 252-466-6847.
Where will a nursing station be located?
- The Red Cross will provide a nursing station for breastfeeding mothers.
Do you have any parking tips?
- Come early. We expect thousands of attendees each day, but with the size of the flight line, it shouldn't seem too crowded no matter the amount of people.
- Take a shuttle bus. The Air Show will provide buses for guest transportation to and from the main parking area to enjoy throughout the day. Be sure to note the area where your car is parked to alleviate any confusion when your day ends.
- Remember where you park your vehicle. Some parking areas, particularly the runways designated as parking areas, look the same. Make note of the area where you are parked so that you can go back directly to your vehicle after the show. If you use the Shuttle Bus service, remember the parking area covered by your bus.
Besides lots of aerial performers, what else is on tap?
- There'll be lots to enjoy both in the air and on the ground. You'll see numerous static displays from supersonic jets to military vintage bombers, with numerous booths, lots of activities for the youngsters and great variety of food and drink.
- Beach umbrellas and pop-up tents are prohibited on the flight line due to safety hazards imposed on our aircraft and other spectators. Bring a lawn chair or blanket, hearing protection, sunburn protection, earplugs and a visor or cap to keep the sun and wind under control. Just in case you forget something, we'll have it available for purchase at the show.
How much does it cost to attend?
- There's no charge! Both attendance and parking are FREE. Cherry Point hosts the show as an open house to enhance community relations, show off the latest technology that our military has to offer and also serves as a recruiting tool. You can however, purchase preferred seating in the form of bleachers, box seats & pavilion seating and of course, you'll want a keepsake in the form of a T-shirt, sweatshirt or ball cap. If hunger or thirst sets in, we'll have an enormous variety of food and drink on hand. Plus, there'll be aviation novelties and collectibles galore.