Cameras, Video Cameras, Camera Bags, and Tripods
- Please do not load them with film. Security personnel might ask you to open them. Digital cameras might have to be turned off and on to validate their authenticity. Film can be loaded after clearing security.
- Small camera bags will be allowed, but are subject to be searched. Tripods will also be allowed.
- You might be asked to turn them on and off to validate their authenticity.
- Should you be a diabetic, have an allergic reaction to bee stings or have a medical condition that requires you to carry a needle to administer medication, you will be allowed to enter the grounds to the air show, however we ask that you disclose this information upon your arrival and have proper equipment for disposal of used needles.
- In addition, all roving Emergency Medical Specialist and First Aid Stations will have Sharps containers for disposal of any needles or medical waste.
- Yes, (i.e. radio Flyer) All items are subject to be searched.
Diaper Bags, Baby Strollers, Wheel Chairs and Lawn Chairs
- All items are subject to be searched.
- Coolers, picnic bags/baskets, Ruc sacks, backpacks, duffle bags or briefcases.
- Unmanned Aircraft Systems, including 'toys' are not permitted. The FAA has prohibited all UAS flight operations within the airspace defined under NOTAM FDC 7/7282.
Firearms and Other Weapons
- Weapons are strictly prohibited (regardless of permit; either on a person or in a vehicle) including firearms, stun guns, knives (including pocket knives, box cutters, scissors and multi-tools), replica or toy weapons, pepper spray/mace, throwing stars, nun-chucks, batons, large heavy chain-link jewelry or belts, fireworks and lasor pointers . Anyone found with these items will be immediately detained by MCAS Cherry Point police and turned over to local authorities.
- Food will not be allowed (except baby food for infants). There will be food vendors on the flight line offering a wide variety of food and drink choices. Clear water bottles with water will be permitted. Free water refills will be available on the flight line.
- Only service animals are allowed. Service animals are defined as animals that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for people with disabilities. Examples of such work or tasks include guiding people who are blind, alerting people who are deaf, pulling a wheelchair, alerting and protecting a person who is having a seizure, reminding a person with mental illness to take prescribed medications, calming a person with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) during an anxiety attack, or performing other duties.
- Service animals are working animals, not pets. The work or task a dog has been trained to provide must be directly related to the person's disability. Dogs whose sole function is to provide comfort or emotional support do not qualify as service animals under the ADA.
Transmitters or Walkie-Talkies
- For security and safety reasons you will be asked to return these items to your vehicle prior to entry.
- Canes and other walking aids are permissible. Walking sticks for recreational and leisure use are not authorized.
- Beach umbrellas, pop-up tents, awnings and balloons are prohibited on the flight line due to safety hazards imposed on our aircraft and other spectators. Bicycles, skateboards, scooters and skates (heelies, roller skates or roller blades. You will be asked to return any of these items to your vehicle prior to entry.